The Rainy Daze Quilt Guild is a 501(3)(c) organized community quilting group based in Lewis County Washington. The Guild was formed on January 21, 1998. We are an active group of creative people who represent the whole spectrum of quilting, from traditional to contemporary, and from inexperienced to master quilters. Our common bond is our love for the art of quilting and our desire to share the experience with other quilters, and our community.
We currently have 61 members. Our monthly meetings, held on the second Tuesday of each month, start at 6:00 p.m. beginning with a social half hour. At 6:30 the business meeting begins, followed by Show and Tell where members share their completed work. The meeting concludes with a program, which varies from month to month and is designed to motivate, inform and entertain.
As a Guild member there are many opportunities for you to interact with other people interested in quilting, which include:
- Monthly Meetings
- Sew Daze: A quarterly gathering to work on your projects in the company of other quilters.
- Public Facebook Group.
- Closed Facebook Group to blog and post pictures.
- Block Party: A free or low-cost class offered to members.
- Additional Classes may be offered.
- Stay Treat: A local two-day event with a guest instructor.
- Retreat: The Guild hosts an annual retreat.
- Quilt Show: During odd numbered years we host a non-juried Quilt Show. All members are encouraged to enter their quilts for display.
- Sweat Shop, Community Service groups: Monthly gathering to create quilts for our various charitable activities.
Annual dues are $30.00
We also "adopt" a family and provide their Christmas which includes groceries, gift cards to a local grocery store, a quilt and gifts for each family member from their wish list.Guild By-Laws