The Rainy Daze Quilt Guild is a 501(3)(c) organized community quilting group based in Lewis County Washington. The Guild was formed on January 21, 1998. We are an active group of creative people who represent the whole spectrum of quilting, from traditional to contemporary, and from inexperienced to master quilters. Our common bond is our love for the art of quilting and our desire to share the experience with other quilters, and our community.
We currently have 75 members. Our monthly meetings, held on the second Tuesday of each month, start at 6:30 p.m. with a social half hour. After the social half hour we have a business meeting, followed by Show and Tell where members share their completed work. The meeting concludes with a program, which varies from month to month and are designed to motivate, inform and entertain.
As a Guild member there are many opportunities for you to interact with other people interested in quilting, which include:
- Monthly Meetings
- Closed Facebook Group to Blog and Post Pictures
- Block Party: The Block Party is a free class offered in October
- Classes: Additional classes may be offered free, or for a reduced cost
- Stay Treat: A local two day event with an guest instructor who teaches two projects.
- Retreat: Each autumn the Guild hosts a retreat at Ocean Shores
- Quilt Show: During odd numbered years we host a non-juried Quilt Show. All members are encouraged to enter their quilts for display.
Annual dues are $30.00
There's a scholarship for a member who wants to learn, or improve, a technique and bring it back to share with the members.
We also "adopt" a family and provide their Christmas which includes groceries, gift cards to a local grocery store, a quilt and gifts for each family member from their wish list.Guild By-Laws